Thursday, January 21, 2010

Goal Update

This month is proving to be somewhat productive in the goal category.

Holiday/Seasonal:
1. Remove the Christmas items and organize them. - This was actually completed near the beginning of this month. :) I'm not really one to let my Christmas decor hang around longer than necessary. I even bought specialty boxes for the items, so next year won't be such a hassle.

Personal Development:

1. Start the book 'The Zoo Keeper's Wife.'- I started the book, but soon lost interest. Bummer.
2. Make a new recipe and blog it. - The recipe was meatloaf and you can see it here.
3. Take more pictures to keep precious memories. This is a work in progress. I took the camera when I went to visit my parents over the weekend, but didn't really use it. Instead, I used the iPhone. Yeah for gadgets!

Clean/Organization/Decorate:
1. Finish painting the desk.
2. Move the twin bed into the guest room.

3. Replace Christmas wreath with spring wreath.
Summing all of these up with "haven't started." I need to break out the spray paint for the desk, actually bring the bed to the guest room, and take down the Christmas wreath. Golly golly. I really do have time to do this on the weekends, but am not sure why it's not done. Sigh.

Professional Development:
1. Apply for at least 3 jobs.- Applications have been sent for at least 3 jobs. Mostly with the government. I guess we'll see.
2. Update resume. - I try to do this as often as possible. I would also recommend others do it (hint.hint.).

Financial Times:
1. List at least 3 items on ebay. - I actually listed about 6 items. Every little bit helps.
2. Continue to use coupons and seek out good deals. - This too is on-going. Perhaps I should post about my favorite coupon and financial web sites.
3. Put television in bedroom on a power strip and turn completely off when not in use. I went into a store the other day intending to buy one of these, but forgot and came out with other goodies. Typical me.

Healthy Me:
1. Exercise at least once a week (need to start somewhere). This is not going well. At. All. I really don't have any motivation. Once I'm at the gym, I'm fine, but it's the "drag my lazy rear there" part that gets me. I will say that my eating habits have improved. Instead of eating out three times a week for lunch, I'm taking yogurt, carrots, and salads. I guess that's something.

How are your goals?

Enjoy! :)

0 Thoughts:

About This Blog

Join me in my journey of cooking yummy dishes, re-purposing furniture, and generally living my life.

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP