Monday, August 10, 2009

B-I-G Update

Just a warning, this might be a lonnng one.

First: The Flood and the Aftermath.
As you know, parts of Kentucky received a record amount of water in a short period. Unfortunately, the city was crazy! I was stuck at work (they wouldn't release us), with no power, and my car in a flooded parking lot. Drama, drama, drama. Anyway, after 3 hours, I finally made it home. Yes, I took a little tour of the city, but I was so relieved to be home that the 3 hours didn't matter. Much.


This is the buliding where I work. There was 4-5 feet of water, which they could not get rid of for days because we had no power. We've been relocated to another floor, but are mostly working from home.







And here's the kicker, stronger storms are on the way. It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks.

Second: The 127 Yard Sale.
Mom, Annie (the sweet little fur ball), and I hopped into an ancient V8 truck and set out on Wednesday. We went North to Ohio, spent the night at home on Wednesday night, then headed South on Thursday. We found most of our goodies in Kentucky.












We went North to Ohio, spent the night at home on Wednesday night, then headed South on Thursday. We found most of our goodies in Kentucky.

The yard sale had all kinds of interesting things, including a boat (see below), a car (see below), and various glassware items and clothing.


This guy was made of glass and very unique.















If you needed a bed, this was the place to be. Almost everywhere we stopped had a great assortment of beds, big, small, wood and iron.

















Baskets were everywhere! I really liked the large ones, but didn't end up buying one.















I drooled over this riddling rack, but he was asking too much for it. Isn't it fab!















Want to see more?




























































































































So, what did WE buy? Well..


Mom bought this magazine/book stand. It was originally used to display wallpaper and folds up nicely. She got it for a steal!















I bought these 8 napkins for $3!! She wanted $4, and I was going to think about them, but then she took off $1. They are gorgeous and will be easy to clean! :)











I bought this as a gift for a friend. He has a new apartment and wanted some help with his bar area. I only bought one of the three that the vendor had, but should have bought the other one too. Oh well.










Enjoy! :)

0 Thoughts:

About This Blog

Join me in my journey of cooking yummy dishes, re-purposing furniture, and generally living my life.

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP