Monday, February 15, 2010

Sweet and Sour Chicken with Noodles & Egg rolls

As you know, part of my goals are to blog a new recipe every month. This month I attempted a little bit of Chinese. It was scrumptious! Next time I might try it with rice instead of the noodles.









Sweet and Sour Chicken with Noodles & Egg rolls


Ingredients:
* package of chicken breasts (I had a pack of 4)
* 3/4 jar of sweet and sour sauce (my jar was 12 oz)
* 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
* 1-2 shakes garlic powder
* 2 8-oz cans of pineapple chunks (with juice)
* 1 package frozen pork egg rolls
* 1 package Simply Asian Sweet and Sour Noodles

Preparation:
1. Heat skillet on medium/high. Add sweet and sour sauce, garlic powder, teriyaki sauce, and both cans of pineapple with juice.
2. Let heat 5-7 minutes.
3. Cut chicken into bite-sized chunks. Add to skillet.
4. Cover half of skillet with lid and allow to cook until chicken is done (or white and not translucent).
5. Cook egg rolls and noodles according to package directions.

On the plate, add the noodles and eggrolls first. Then dish the chicken and pineapple onto the noodles. Enjoy!

0 Thoughts:

About This Blog

Join me in my journey of cooking yummy dishes, re-purposing furniture, and generally living my life.

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP