Monday, November 2, 2009

The Incredible Edible Egg

Yesterday morning, the boy made Paula Deen's omelet. Wow oh wow!

It was melt in my mouth good! He added tomatoes, mushrooms, cheese, and bacon.

What a great start to a Sunday!

Omelet:
* 1/4 cup tomatoes
*1/4 cup mushrooms
*1/4 cup bacon (cooked, crisp)
*1/4 cup cheese
* 3 eggs
* pinch salt and pepper

1. Bring 4 cups water to boil on stove.
2. Add eggs to bowl and scramble.
3. Put eggs in a zip lock baggie, along with tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon, salt/pepper, and cheese. Shake to mix.
4. Close/seal bag and place into boiling water on stove. Make sure water covers the bag. Add more water if needed.
5. Cook for 6-10 minutes, or until eggs set.
6. Remove bag from water and let sit for 1 minute.
7. Remove omelet from bag and enjoy.

I think I might make this ahead of time and leave in the fridge overnight for a quick, healthly breakfast.

Enjoy! :)

0 Thoughts:

About This Blog

Join me in my journey of cooking yummy dishes, re-purposing furniture, and generally living my life.

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP