Sunday, February 8, 2009

Milk Duds and Color

Over the weekend, I had a girls night with my god-daughter and her mom, who is a great friend of mine. We piled into her condo, gorged ourselves on pizza, 6 kinds of candy (milk duds anyone), and chick flicks.

When I entered her condo, I was struck with the realization that my friend loves her home.

Loves. Her. Home.

"A home is about free expression, not first impressions." (courtesy of the movie, Yours, Mine and Ours.)

Instead of decorating it with meaningless tchochtkes and style of the month objects, she has included bits and pieces of herself and things that evoke precious memories.

Her living/tv area is full of meaningful artwork against a red wall. Some art she found at stores, and others her daughter made.


I love her idea of using an old sewing machine as a tv stand. It adds much character.


Her dining room holds a 5 drawer chest which was a gift to her. It's a great way to add both storage and color.

Additionally, one wall of her dining room has some homemade plates made by her daughter (my god-daughter). I love the fact that it adds color, but in a simple, clean way.

Does your home reflect you or Country Living magazine?

0 Thoughts:

About This Blog

Join me in my journey of cooking yummy dishes, re-purposing furniture, and generally living my life.

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP