Monday, February 16, 2009

Frame by Frame

Usually, I talk about my home, but I thought today I would share the story behind my office decoration. Since my current office is my first office (so excited), it is a great opportunity to reflect my style in my own environment.

Not only was style important, but so was the budget.

Luckily, this was easily accomplished by using my imagination and some scissors.

I dug an outdated calendar from the back of the closet and began to brainstorm how to use it. The pictures were colorful depictions of travel art, with a cream border measuring 1 inch. They were perfect! I took them out and added them to plain black frames!

This project can easily be personalized, as you can use any calendar, and any frames.

This would be great on a sunporch with green frames-


Or you could add black and white pictures to red frames-
I may have to purchase this one and put it in my bathroom and hallway- (isn't it neat)

If you like travel, there are plenty of calendars which reflect this-


Perhaps you like the old Americana-
with this distressed frame-

Budget tight? Try to find calendars from older years, and buy your frames from Goodwill. Happy hunting!

0 Thoughts:

About This Blog

Join me in my journey of cooking yummy dishes, re-purposing furniture, and generally living my life.

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP