Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Smell Good House

This will sound odd, but when my house smells good, I feel good. And instead of using chemicals, I've tried to go green (within reason). Hence, my "green" way to make my home smell nice. I've adapted the recipe a bit to suit my nose, so feel free to experiment!

You will need an old pot, as the end result has a tendency to stain, and add:
  • 1/2 orange (sometimes I like to squeeze a little of the juice into the pot)
  • 1/2 lemon (divided)
  • a teaspoon of whole cloves (or a teaspoon of ground cloves)
  • a teaspoon of nutmeg
Add all ingredients to the old pot along with enough water to cover the fruits. Bring to a boil, and then let simmer. If you don't have nutmeg or cloves, experiment with other spices, such as bay leaves, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, etc.


I generally use this recipe for a period of 2 weeks, then change it out. You will need to periodically add water.

To make this recipe $$-friendly, buy your spices at a dollar store, and an old pot at Goodwill.

Enjoy!

0 Thoughts:

About This Blog

Join me in my journey of cooking yummy dishes, re-purposing furniture, and generally living my life.

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP