Tuesday, January 20, 2009

From Magazine to My Home

Whenever I read home magazines, I routinely tear our pictures of rooms, living rooms, kitchens, dining rooms, etc, and mark the items which could be used to improve my own home. Sometimes it's shelves, stools, or curtains.

Case in point, a few years ago, I saw a wonderful picture of a kitchen, which the couple decided that a blackboard was needed.

What a super idea!

I can do that. So I did.

Flash forward to 3 years ago. I was visiting a flea market and happened to find a jumbo chalkboard from an old school house for sale. It was meant to be.



The chalkboard now hangs in my breakfast area, with an unfinished Lowe's cabinet painted red, then black, and sanded so you can see bits of the red.



I'm also considering adding sconces, but am not sure. Thoughts? Advice?


0 Thoughts:

About This Blog

Join me in my journey of cooking yummy dishes, re-purposing furniture, and generally living my life.

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP