Monday, May 17, 2010

1 Banana, 2 Banana, 3 Banana

This weekend, as a special treat, I made Cinnamon Banana Pancakes. They were super fab! But before I get to the recipe, I want to share a little heart attack moment I had this weekend.

While at Walmart, I really needed to get some olive oil (yes, I'm a little Rachel Ray). I was happily wandering to the right section, and saw this!



















Um, excuse me! $4.36? Don't. Think. So. Movin' on.

On to something sweeter:















Cinnamon Banana Pancakes
(makes 4)

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 bananas, peeled and mashed











Prep:
1. Combine all ingredients, except bananas, in a mixing bowl. Whisk together.
2. Add bananas and mix well.
3. Pour about 1/4 of the batter into a greased (or buttered) skillet over medium heat.
4. Cook until golden brown on both sides (about 4-6 min).
5. Serve with butter, syrup, and piping hot coffee. Enjoy!

How was your weekend? :)

0 Thoughts:

About This Blog

Join me in my journey of cooking yummy dishes, re-purposing furniture, and generally living my life.

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP