Friday, March 6, 2009

Day Tripper

Recently I took a day trip to Bardstown, Kentucky which is about an hour from me. It is the second oldest city in Kentucky (1780's), and named after David Bard. It's quite a charming town, with the fourth largest Civil War museum in the country. I really enjoy history and thought it would make for a fun time on a Sunday.

Before I went, I printed this great city map. I like the fact that it had the streets clearly labeled and the landmarks as actual pictures. It really helped.



I actually went to the Civil War Museum, but as the caretaker said, they weren't really prepared for visitors on Sunday. I was a little confused, because they have open hours. But anyway.. The outside wasn't spectacular, but the inside was interesting-






Outside, I browsed the Pioneer Village. It's a reproduction of a village with original cabins from the county that date back to 1776-1820.










0 Thoughts:

About This Blog

Join me in my journey of cooking yummy dishes, re-purposing furniture, and generally living my life.

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP